There are several types of roofing systems available, including:
- Pitched roof systems: This is the most common type of roofing system and is characterized by its steep slope. Pitched roofs are often made from shingles or tiles and are popular in areas with heavy rainfall or snow.
- Flat roof systems: Flat roofs have a low slope and are often used in commercial buildings. They are typically covered with a membrane material, such as TPO or EPDM.
- Green roof systems: Green roofs are becoming increasingly popular and are designed to have living plants on the surface. They provide insulation and can help to reduce urban heat island effects.
- Metal roof systems: Metal roofs are durable and long-lasting, and are often used in commercial and industrial buildings. They are also becoming more popular in residential construction.
- Solar roof systems: Solar panels can be installed on top of a roof to generate electricity. This type of roofing system is becoming more popular as solar technology improves and becomes more affordable.
- Built-up roof systems: Built-up roofs are made from layers of roofing felt and asphalt. They are commonly used in commercial buildings and can last for up to 25 years.
- Modified bitumen roof systems: Modified bitumen roofs are similar to built-up roofs, but are made from a single layer of material that has been modified with rubber or plastic. They are also commonly used in commercial buildings and can last for up to 20 years.